Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Interview with Jack Richardson


Art work by Jack is on display at the Blue Line Gallery on Vernon St Roseville, CA from 
Dec 2 - Jan 7 as part of  
"Aqua-Scapes: Capturing the Serenity and Dynamics of Water" 

Don't forget to stop by and see this exquisite exhibition



How do you describe your art work to others? -Kathleen 
I tell them I make stuff out of rocks. If they don't sniff and walk away, I am more than willing to spend time telling them how and why. - Jack

Do you only work in one medium? -Kathleen 
Almost all my work is stone. I am a student of art in all its forms. I actively engage in the study of both the aesthetics and techniques of different disciplines within the art field. My work reflects this study and changes because of it. - Jack


What are you working on right now? -Kathleen 
Following the Chinese thought that lives are changed every 21 years, I have suspended working at the lathe and gone back to making sculpture. I may not have another 21 years to work, so thinking too far ahead is not a priority. -Jack


Do other artists inspire you? -Kathleen 
I am inspired by those artists who do work that will last a thousand years. I have no interest in transitory work. Therefore, I am most inspired by the Venus of Willendorf, a small limestone figure about 35000 years old, Isamu Noguchi's granite work, Henry Moore's stone sculpture, Ruth Duckworth's clay sculpture, Bob Stocksdale's entire life's production and the anonymous Egyptian diorite carvers. -Jack 


How long have you worked with Blue Line Gallery? Have you found a lot of success through your art? -Kathleen 
I am new to Blue Line Gallery.    I find their staff professional and very generous of their time and energy. I have always been able to sell what I make, which has allowed me the freedom to produce more. I consider my life in art to be a success because of that. -Jack
Click Here to see more of Jack's work


About Blue Line Gallery – Roseville Arts!
 A non-profit community center for the arts. 
405 Vernon St, Ste. 100, Roseville, CA 95678 | (916) 783-4117
Gallery Hours: Tues-Sat 11-3 Closed Sun & Mon
Holiday Hours Closed December 24-27 & December 31-January 2

No comments:

Post a Comment