Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Members Profile

Diane Ruhkala-Bell

Background: Creating art is part of who I am, from childhood until now. I studied art at Chouinard Art Institute in Los Angeles and have continued taking workshops and classes over the years. There is always something new to learn and spark my creativity. 

Description of my art and medium: It's intuitive, somewhat abstract. I do mixed media, two dimensional work with printmaking, collage, assemblage, acrylic and encaustic, often interwoven in one piece and sometimes not. I prefer not knowing what my end product will be. I love a good surprise but there are some disasters. 

Growth and development of my art: There is always an ebb and flow in creative energy," wow" moments, frustrating moments, times to experiment and times to just let it flow. I can't say if my work has grown or if it just changes. 

Current work: Just in the last couple  months I have been learning about encaustics (beeswax and pigment). I love the layering effects of wax but I haven't yet incorporated into my other work.

Artists that inspire me: Oh so many! I spend lots of time in galleries and looking at art publications and books. When I see something that kind of takes my breath away with its originality or perfection, be it historical or cutting edge, I am inspired.

Blue Line: I have been a part the organization like forever.. from working with a group of painters in the basement of the Hamen House to helping install shows right now. I was on the design committee for the current Blue Line Gallery and I have worked for Roseville Arts in all four of  its locations.

Professional and personal success: I was recently honored to receive the "Best of Show" award for the current William Jessup University juried exhibition.  "Celebrating Artistic Expression". I am also showing my work, until January, at the Roseville Chamber of Commerce Building on Douglas Blvd .I love sharing my work and feel grateful numerous awards I have received over the years and to be in part of art collections throughout our country and Europe. I will again share my art work and methods of working during the spring Art Studio Trek, April 28 and 29, 2012.



Click Here for More Info on Diane and her art work

About Blue Line Gallery – Roseville Arts!
 A non-profit community center for the arts. 
405 Vernon St, Ste. 100, Roseville, CA 95678 | (916) 783-4117
Gallery Hours: Tues-Sat 11-3 Closed Sun & Mon
Holiday Hours Closed December 24-27 & December 31-January 2

No comments:

Post a Comment