Friday, February 10, 2012

Member Profile

Featured Artist at the Chamber of Commerce Ursula Johnson
Opposites Attract


Choosing art for the Chamber was easy: I am so involved in my 'Nature Series', that I had   a choice on hand of recent paintings. I love nature. My husband and I have been hikers always, from Ca. to rain forests, to tropical environs, 
to countrysides of Europe.

Artist Statement: My life is ART. I am multi-media-minded, having explored many facets of art: watercolor, acrylic, handmade paper collages, printmaking, and oils. My current concentration is oil landscape, with a personal viewpoint rather than academic. Simple forms and solid planes of color are important to me, whether on canvas or in printmaking.

Fern Tale
Most of my landscapes are derived from my love of nature and my many hikes throughout California, and travels both abroad and to tropical places.My photography is used as reference, but once a work begins, the piece evolves and becomes its own entity. My education includes Denison and Ohio State Universities, and many workshops of University of California, College of Marin, Sonoma State, and Oakland College of Arts and Crafts. I taught handmade paper workshops in Marin. Professional positions include artist for THE COLUMBUS CITIZEN and fashion artist for F & R Lazarus and Co.

Leaf Magic
My work has been shown in many San Francisco galleries; Stanford University; Bank of America World Headquarters; Marin Civic Center; San Diego; Palo Alto, and Sacramento. Awards include seventeen cash awards in Bay Area. One-woman shows include Bay Area, Southern California, and Placer County.

My work is included in Bank of America Corporation Art Collection, and I have been honored by inclusion in Marquis Who’s Who of American Women, 2004-2010.

As long as the artistic juices flow, I will continue the journey of intrigue that is ART! 
 
About Blue Line Gallery – Roseville Arts! 
is a non-profit community center for the arts. 
405 Vernon St, Ste. 100, Roseville, CA 95678
Gallery Hours: Tues-Sat 11-3 Closed Sun & Mon

No comments:

Post a Comment